AdWords can be bit confusing to look at with alot of acronyms and terms that may not be obvious. Here's a short summary of the key ones for you and found in our reports:
- Campaign: highest level in the AdWords structure, it’s like a theme
- Ad Group: 2nd level in the AdWords structure, it’s like a grouping
- Ad: 3rd level in the AdWords structure, the actual ads people see
- Click: when someone actually clicks on your ad
- Spend: what you have spent through the bidding and advertising process
- Cost Per Click (CPC): the average cost to you to get a click (cost/clicks)
- Bid: what you are bidding up to for a click on certain keywords
- Impression: how many people see your ad
- Click Through Rate (CTR): ratio of people who click your ad when they see it (clicks/impressions)
- Goal: in Analytics, a measurement of an action someone can take on your site
- Conversion: when someone takes a desired action, or completes a goal, originating from one of your ads
- Keyword: Words or phrases describing your product or service that you choose to help determine when and where your ad can appear.
Keyword Match Types
Google has a more exhaustive and complete glossary here.